Absentee ballots are generally available at Town Hall 30 days prior to election day.
Absentee voting is permissible at any election by any voter who requests an absentee ballot. The voter need not specify a reason to receive an absentee ballot.
Voting absentee may take place in person at town hall or a ballot may be requested to vote elsewhere. If you choose to vote in a location other than the town hall, you must request a ballot either in person, by telephone or by written request.
All absentee ballots must be returned to the Town Clerk’s office by the end of the election day to be counted. Ballots received after election day will not be considered.
A person who meets the following requirements may vote in any election.
- citizenship; must be a citizen of the United States
- age; must be at least 18 years of age
- residence; must have established and maintain a voting residence in Norway, proof may be required
- registration; must be registered to vote in Norway
- enrollment; must be enrolled in a party to vote at a caucus, convention or primary election
Registrations are taken at Town Hall during regular business hours.
You may also register on voting day prior to voting. Proof of physical residence is required.
Elections are conducted at the Norway Fire Station. The polls open at 8 am and close at 8 pm.
VOTING DURING COVID-19 https://norwaymaine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/VOTINGABSENTEEARTICLECOVID1.pdf