Advanced Notice Required
For walk in service, the Town requires 48 hours notice.
$15.00 for each certified copy, $6.00 for 2nd copy issued at same time.
Information from vital records is open to the public 100 years from the date of the event.
Individuals who may access vital records less than 100 years old include:
- The person named on the record
- The person’s spouse or registered domestic partner with proof
- The parent(s) named on the record
- Descendants of the person named on the record
- Registrant’s legal custodian, guardian, conservator or respective authorized representative with proof
- (includes attorney, physician or funeral director)
- Genealogists who have a Maine CDC issued researcher identification card.
Proof of identity must also be presented to the municipal/city clerk or state Vital Records Office staff.
We have an combined proof of identity and application for certificate form.
An application for securing a copy of the vital record must be filled out and presented, along with positive Identification that clearly shows that the person requesting the record is who they say they are.
Identification requirements apply whether the records are requested in person or by mail.
Norway cemetery records are available from multiple sources.