Happy spring! Once again, in an effort to save the roads of Norway, the following streets will be posted for 23,000 lbs. REGISTERED VEHICLE WT.
This means no scales have to be involved – only registrations.
– Emergency Vehicles
– Public Utilities
– Municipal Vehicles
– Home Heating Fuel (oil or propane) Delivery Trucks
– Bulk milk / bulk feed trucks with a MDOT exemption certificate
– Any vehicle or combination of vehicles registered for a gross weight in excess of 23,000 pounds and traveling WITHOUT A LOAD other than tools or equipment necessary for the proper operation of the vehicle. This exemption does not apply to special mobile equipment. A SCALE TICKET MUST ACCOMPANY VEHICLE SHOWING WEIGHT OF VEHICLE AND LOAD IF SAID TO BE 23,000 POUNDS OR UNDER.
Permits will be issued this year to travel on posted roads as conditions allow. Temperatures must be below freezing for three consecutive days for permits to be issued. Restrictions such as partial loads and time limits may apply to the permit. For emergency situations, permits will be issued as always. To apply for an emergency permit or regular permit, please contact Art Chappel at 207-890-2639 or call the Town office at 207-743-6651.
The Town of Norway has had posters printed to support our posted road regulations.
From Monday, March 1, 2021 until the Posters Are Removed.
Click here for List of Roads: Norway Roads Posted starting on March 1, 2021
Winter Parking Ban. It shall be unlawful to park any vehicle on any street or road within the Town of Norway from November 15 through April 15, between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. FINE: $25.00 (twenty-five dollars) plus cost of towing, to be paid by vehicle owner.
Winter Sand for Norway Residents – Due to all of the construction activity at the public garage area and to protect the residents and construction workers, the winter sand pile has been relocated to Beal Street across from the Fire Station at the trail head of the Norway Branch Trail.
Mailboxes – Mailboxes are allowed within the Town’s right-of way, however it is important to recognize two conditions:
- The mailbox must be installed in accordance with standards to ensure that the mail can be delivered and that it does not create a safety hazard for those that use or maintain the roads.
- The mailbox is installed entirely at the owners risk. If the mailbox incurs damage during any sort of of road maintenance including snow removal the property owner is not entitled for replacement or compensation.
Covid-19 and Town Services update – The lobby is open for for walk in traffic – we asked that only two people be in the lobby at any one time, so that we can help you register your vehicles, boats, and conduct other Town services – Please call us at 743-6651. We will be asking you if you can complete the service on line, by mail, drop box etc. We are in the process of installing a buzz in system for the front door.
Planning Board Meeting for March 11, 2021 at 7pm at the Town Office and on ZOOM – Meeting is in the large conference room. Meeting room holds 10 -12 people with required mask wearing and the required social distancing.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://networkmaine.zoom.us/j/88600089488
Meeting ID: 886 0008 9488
Call in: 1 -646- 876 -9923
Selectboard Meeting – March 4, 2021 at 7pm. Meeting is in the large conference room. Meeting room holds 10 -12 people with required mask wearing and the required social distancing. Meeting also on ZOOM
Join Zoom Meeting: https://networkmaine.zoom.us/j/83332838224
Meeting ID: 833 3283 8224
Call in Number: 1-646-876-9923